Thursday 27 September 2012

Life at Erasmus University Rotterdam


Studies at Erasmus University Rotterdam are in full speed now, the first batch of exchange students have arrived and societies are recruiting their new members.
The city which seemed strange at first is now starting to remind me of what has been my home for the past years, Leeds. Just like University of Leeds, Erasmus has over 20 000 students, a huge campus and boasts of academic excellence.

However, some things do not feel like home at all...



Getting from one side of the campus to other. Takes me: 10min


Although the University has almost as many students as Leeds, the campus is much smaller, with around 15 buildings.









Queue at the printers. Takes me: 30min

It took me half an hour to wait for my printout, just to find out that the only way to pay for the job is by Dutch bank account.. which i don't have.







Translating Dutch into English. Takes me:∞ (infinity.. because I can't read Dutch)

Every now and then lecturer would switch to Dutch while talking or hand out some materials all in Dutch for us to read. go and figure out what the text is about!







Now, time for a riddle!!

It takes me  5-10min to get in.

It is not a supermarket, although there are shopping baskets.

It is also not a gym, although there are lockers.

It has a security gate and is highly monitored, but it is not an airport.











WHAT IS IT THEN?














    It is  the library.