Monday 8 April 2013

One towel goes shower-surfing

I did not have hot water for a week. What did I do? Surf other people' showers around Rotterdam!


To start off, I would like to say that Easter in the Netherlands is not a big thing. But it is a huge deal when it comes to housing agencies doing their job - replying to our never-ending cries for help about loss of hot water.
So we managed to go a whole week without a proper boiler, which meant I was forced to go out into the cold and harsh world to seek a shower at someone else's home.
Me and my one towel embarked on this exciting shower-surfing adventure that took us to three different locations, which I will tell you all about.


  • Shower at F building (Erasmus University Rotterdam) - This shower has a lot of space but not a lot of character. People studying in G building can see you walking around in a towel, but otherwise it is good. I could even use Laura's spare towel and, by showering with simple soap, feel nostalgic about my childhood. Overall, 3/5.
  • Shower at the Partyhouse (Hannah's, Shirley's and Nadine's) -  First of all, it gives you small electric shocks when starting/turning off the shower... not so good. In fact, slightly dangerous! Anyway, the best part of it is not the shower, but the house and the amazing girls that live there :) Overall, 3/5.
  • Shower at Carsten's (posh city centre shower) -  I kept going back to that shower -almost top hotel quality! Towel and shower gel provided, what else can you wish for? Overall, 4/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment